I could make my first impression of the Apple Watch 2 years ago. The very first version of the watchOS could not really persuade with features that one would say “I absolutely need the watch!”. Actually, I agree with multiple reviews and the main statement about Apple Watch: no clear concept for whom it can bee useful and how it can revolutionize my everyday life. Thus, I put the Apple Watch in the cupboard. For fitness data tracking and sleep data tracking I preferred my new Garmin Vivosmart HR. To my opinion it had a number of advantages over Apple Watch:
- Battery Life! The most important argument. Vivosmart HR needs to be charged only once a week, where Apple Watch should be charged really every day
- Sleep data tracking
- Stairs/floor counter
Last week I wanted to know more about the features of watchOS 3. For this purpose Apple Watch and Vivosmart HR changed their places in the cupboard. After a week of wearing the Apple Watch I did like the recent changes. Of course, battery life didn’t really change. watchOS 3 did not bring waterproof property to the very first model of the Apple Watch as well 🙂 BUT:
- Now, apps can run directly on the Apple Watch
- More interesting apps for the Apple Watch
- Pleasant improvements in fitness aspects: better user interface, more features
- HomeKit makes it possible to integrate it in your smart home environment
- and much more..
The Apple Watch became more attractive for sportsmen and the intent of Apple is to make more in that direction. If one accepts the fact, that even Generation 2 of the Apple Watch still needs to be charged every 2 days, then one can say, it is one of the best devices on the markt of wearable devices. At least at the current moment.