Once I reported about my experience with HockeyApp a tracking tool for iOS, Android and Windows Apps. Today I tested the abilities of Google Analytics for iOS. Without going deep in details here is the overview of the evaluation results:
- There are SDKs only for iOS and Android. Tracking of the Windows Apps is not supported.
- Tracking of the fatal and non fatal exceptions is possible
- Screen tracking. If desired, the tracking method can be called for example in viewWillAppear. In the dashboard of Google Analytics there is the overview of the called Views.
- Support for custom events
- Real time screen end events tracking
- Dashboard of the App Analytics looks almost same as the dashboard for tracking websites